What file types are supported?
figshare accepts the upload of any file format and we aim to visualise all of them within the browser.
Some examples are listed below:
- jupyter: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.2008401.v1
- molecule: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.4235285.v1
- presentation: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.4578886.v1
- 3dviewer: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.697549.v1
- txt: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5016845.v1
- network graph: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.1094642.v2
Click here for a full list of the current file formats supported for in-browser viewing.
We are constantly adding to this and will endeavour to update the list in a timely manner. If you are unsure or experience any problems please create a support ticket here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported browser versions
As the complexity of figshare grows, the cost of supporting a large number of platforms has an increasing impact on our speed of delivery and quality of support. So that figshare can continue to deliver a great product and excellent support, it is necessary to limit support for older technologies.
Currently you can enjoy figshare optimally performing on many browsers - our minimum supported browser versions are listed below:
- Internet explorer: equal or higher than Version 11.523
- Firefox: Version 28
- Chrome: Version 38
- Opera: Version 25
- Safari: Version 7
- Edge: Version 12
What categories are available and why?
The available category options are based on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC) Fields of Research (FOR) codes, view the full figshare category list.
The FOR is a hierarchical classification that includes major fields of research investigated by national research institutions and organisations, and emerging areas of study. For more information please see Field of Research (FoR) Codes.
Please note: the category list will be updated shortly to include the FoR ID codes.